This woman is pretty much the only reason I'm watching the VMA's right now. She's so delightfully ridiculous and eccentric! You may say she's crazy, you may say she's amazing, but we can all agree she has a lot of moxie.
So today was a chill Sunday. Starting out with a late awakening because of a rough nights sleep. My boyfriend claims I was speaking Hungarian in my sleep! >_< My mom is off the boat Hungarian, therefore making me 50% Hungarian and able to speak/ understand the language at some point. But that was a veryyy long time ago. So apparently my subconcious can still speak Hungarian....? Who knows. But when I woke up I did not have a craving for goulash, but some oatmeal with blueberries.
As I sat at the table eating alone while Charles got ready for work, my kitten joined me so I wouldn't have to eat alone :)
So cute. His name is Fonzie by the way :) 4 month old little persian
Afterwards I got up in the gym to work on muh fitness. Workout consisted of:
- 45 min ellpitical
- 15 min of Ab work including V-Ups, planks, crunches and lots of oblique work.
Oh and I may or may not have drowned it in green goddess dressing.
But anyway... if you're a reader of my blog you'd know that I haven't been at this for long now. I started one just because I really enjoyed reading others. But it's really been a positive little experience thus far and I wanted to share it with you guys :)
My Blogging Benifits Thus Far
- I haven't bought a single magazine since I've started. So I used to have a crazy magazine addiction. Things like Shape, Women's Health, and Yoga magazines were regular buys for me. I loved the pictures of the pretty food, the pretty people and the little blurbs about health and food. Ever since I've been more invested in blogging, these needs have been meet. My expensive habit has been broken :)
- I've tried so many new things. So many recipies, so many foods, so many exercise. All which I have enjoyed!
- I've gained a better or more personal sounding pen. In the past all of my papers for school were so overly formal. We learn to write what the writing style is in what we're reading. And writing in 1st person on my blog so much, and reading other people doing so has given me a new writing style in school that's really given me some good grades so far :)
- It's put the passion back into my major. As a dietetics major, I obviously love food. But the actual classes are so sciene based it makes me sick sometimes. But the more I focus on health and food outside of school, the more I apply it to the boring science courses. There fore enjoying it that much more.
- I've made some nice email buddies. Talking to people with your own interests is always a nice treat!
- I lost 5lbs and my pants are nice and loose! The more I really analyze what I eat, the less crap I eat.
What do you find are the benefits of you reading blogs? Or having your own? What is it that keeps you coming back to your favorite and putting the effort into your own blog?